2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/4 cups butter
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup toasted coconut
1/2 cup melted chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees Celsius ). In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, blend together the butter and two cups sugar until airy and light. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add pure vanilla extract. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until blended. Roll the dough into round balls, and follow by rolling the balls into desired amount of sugar. Place cookies onto an un-greased cookie sheet and press all cookie centers,slightly.
3. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for six extra minutes, before final transfer to wire rack.
4. In a glass bowl blend together melted chocolate and toasted coconut.
*You can purchase microwaveable chocolate pieces or chips in most grocery stores.
*Toast coconut in oven for 5 minutes.
5. Spread desired amount of chocolate mixture onto one cookie and cover with another creating a sandwich. Use chocolate on top as a sort of adhesive for your coconut.
Makes 1 Dozen = 12 Cookies